Before you wipe your child’s smiling face with a wet wipe, think twice and check if it does not contain a component causing severe irritation!

Children are unruly and require constant supervision. Even a moment of inattention may lead to a spilled tea and chocolate- stained clothing. When the child consumes a meal, sometimes more food ends up on the floor than in its mouth. Children are messy then, but happy that they could eat their dinner by themselves and, at the same time, have some fun.

In such situations, we have to reach for the quickest method to clean the baby’s face. Disposable wipes them are the easiest solution. Of course, there is nothing wrong with that, but we know that a certain ingredient included in them can strongly sensitize and irritate a sensitive child’s skin.


Until now, they were thought to be a product that is absolutely safe for the babies’ delicate skin. More and more research confirms, however, that this is not the case. Some doctors even recommend that parents give up the wipes and start washing children’s skin with natural soaps.


The test results confirmed that the irritation is caused by an allergenic ingredient – Methylisothiazolinone. Upon the application of tissues containing methylisothiazolinone, some children experienced allergic reactions, itching and flaking of the skin.

For more on the dangers of this preservative, go to the following pages.