Quick and simple potato recipe, ideal as a side dish or a snack.
- 2 pounds (900g) potatoes, peeled and grated
- 1/2 cup (50g) Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (50g) Parmesan cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup (30g) all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp (5g) salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup (50g) oil, for frying
- Use the large holes of the grater to grate cheese and potatoes.
- Transfer the potatoes into a kitchen towel and squeeze as much liquid as you possible can.
- Place the potatoes into a large bowl. Add cheeses, onion, garlic, flour, salt, pepper and eggs. Stir to combine.
- Heat oil over medium high heat. Use an ice cream scoop to take equal amounts of potato mixture and add to the pan. Use the back of a spoon to flatten the patties. Cook about 3 or 4 patties at a time.
- Cook until browned about 4 minutes per side.
- Repeat with remaining potato mixture.
- Transfer the pancakes to a plate lined with paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Serve the potato pancakes while still warm.