There’s nothing better than crunchy churros with a silky smooth texture on the inside.
- 1 cup water,
- 2 tbsp butter,
- 1/2 tsp salt,
- 2 tbsp sugar,
- 1 cup flour,
- 1 egg,
- 4 cups canola oil, for frying,
- 1/2 cup sugar,
- 2 tsp cinnamon.
- Add the water, butter, salt and sugar to a medium saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat.
- When the mixture reaches a boil, remove from heat and stir in the flour to form a thick dough. Let cool for 5-10 minutes, then stir in the egg until combined.
- Pour the oil into a large, heavy bottomed pot. Heat the oil to 350-375°F. In a medium bowl, whisk together the sugar and cinnamon.
- Scoop the dough into balls about 1 inch in diameter. Using a wooden skewer, poke a hole through each ball to let steam escape. Carefully drop the balls into the oil, 3-4 at a time, using a slotted spoon or mesh stainer.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes, turning occasionally, until golden. Remove from the oil and let cool on paper towels for 3 minutes, then toss in the cinnamon sugar. Let cool slightly before serving.