German fast food staple. The Currywurst.
With almost 800 milion servings sold every year, this german street food is one of the most popular snack. It’s cheap and easy to make.
- 10 ounces of smoked sausage, sliced,
- 1 onion, thinly sliced,
- 1 can chopped tomatoes,
- 1 teaspoon curry powder,
- 1 teaspoon paprika,
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes,
- salt and pepper to taste,
- bread rolls.
- Cut your sausage into slivers and brown in a pan with oil on medium heat, this will take about 5 minutes. Once cooked, set aside.
- Add sliced onion into the pan and cook for 5 minutes, until slightly translucent.
- Next add your can of chopped tomatoes, curry, paprika and chill flakes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Simmer on low for 20 minutes.
- Cut your bread rolls in half, next place your sasage, top with relish and finish with a sprinkle of curry powder.
- Don’t forger to top it with remaining bread roll half! 🙂