I’ve been craving for mini doughnuts for days. Finally the day had come to make them. I’ve had all the ingredients. So there I was making the batter, all happy and all of a sudden I’ve noticed I don’t have enough oil!
So I was thinking to myself, what would happen if instead of making doughnuts I would use the batter to make… waffles! Bullseye! The waffles were amazing! And healthier than regular ones 🙂 Give them a try!
- 1 cup sugar,
- 4 tsp baking powder,
- 1 1/2 tsp salt,
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg,
- 2 eggs,
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted,
- 1 cup milk,
- 3 cups flour,
- favorite toppings of choice.
- In a large bowl mix the sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
- Add the eggs, milk and melted butter. Mix well.
- Stir in the 3 cups of flour, mixing well until it’s thoroughly combined. The batter will be thick and sticky.
- Pre-heat your waffle griddle.
- Place the batter in the middle of each waffle part, you can make large or small doughnut waffles.
- Cook for 3-6 minutes (depending on your waffle iron).
- Remove the doughnuts from the iron and place on a cooling rack.
- Add your favorite toppings and serve immediately!