Easy apple strudel made in a sandwich maker!
- 3 apples,
- 2 sheets of puff pastry,
- 1 tsp cinnamon,
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg,
- 2 ounces sultanas,
- 1 tbsp brown sugar,
- juice from a half of a lemon,
- zest from one lemon,
- maple syrup (1 tsp per serving)
- Cut the apples into small chunks and add to a small pot, along with cinnamon, brown sugar, sultanas, lemon juice, lemon zest, nutmeg. Cook for 5-7 minutes, until apples become tender.
- Cut your puff pastry into squares that are the same size as your sandwich maker.
- Place one of the pastry squares on the machine, add the apple filling and spoon some maple syrup on top. Place the other square of pastry on top and toast for 5-7 minutes, or until the pastry is cooked through and crispy.
- Serve with ice cream/or icing sugar/ maple syrup.