Older people are different, some focus on their ailments, grumbling and saying that their times were better. Of course, it was better for them, because they were younger and had a whole life ahead of them. However, there are also older people who treat their age at a distance. They don’t complain, but they say what they think and give good advice.
Listen to the elderly, because they have something that we can only acquire – experience. See how they answer the question: “What advice would you give to people who are half your age?”
1. People always say, “Make sure you do the job that you love.” But this isn’t the best advice. Sometimes you love your job, sometimes you just tolerate it, sometimes you know that it’s the only way to pay the bills. Nobody loves their job every day.
2. The years fly by in the blink of an eye. Don’t marry young. Experience your life. Explore. Do different things. Even if you have the means, or not. Pack your backpack and go where you can afford it. Don’t buy things, explore the world. GO!
3. Don’t take life too seriously! Even if it seems dark and hopeless, laugh at it, and see that life can be fun.
4. True friends will come at about two in the morning, when you call for help. The rest is just friends.
5. The most important person in your life is the one that wants to share it with you. Treat them properly.