Easy to make croissant-type sandwiches. Very tasty and very elegant. Use good quality ham for best effect 🙂
- 6 long slices of ham (I used speck),
- 1 beaten egg,
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard,
- 1 mozzarella cheese ball,
- 1 puff pastry sheet.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Cut mozzarella cheese into 1/4 inch slices (6 slices).
- Cut puff pastry sheet into 6 squares.
- Lay them out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Lay the ham diagonally across the middle of each square. Add a little bit of dijon mustard and spread it on ham. Place on top one slice of mozzarella cheese.
- Brush the edges with beaten egg and fold over the uncovered corners of pastry. Then brush the tops of pastry with beaten egg.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes, until golden and puffy.
- Serve warm with a simple salad.