The first time I saw hasselback potatoes, I was so amazed by how pretty they looked.
Such a simple dish, yet so creative. This recipe can be enjoyed as a side or appetizer.
- 6 small potatoes,
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder,
- 1 tsp dried rosemary,
- olive oil,
- parmesan cheese for sprinkling (optional),
- salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Thoroughly wash the potatoes.
- Next, using a knife, cut a 1/8 inch slice from the bottom of each potato, enough so they can stand firmly on their own.
- Place a spatula next to the potato, then thinly (about 1/8 inch) slice through each potato, without cutting through. (The spatula acts as a guide when to stop cutting).
- Place the potatoes in a baking dish, drizzle some olive oil on each potato.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder and dried rosemary.
- Bake the potatoes for about 50-80 minutes ( time depends on how crispy you want your potatoes to be).
- Finish these potatoes off by adding some grated parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.