Today we start with how to prepare an excellent cherry cake. It tastes heavenly and making it is child’s play.
Most of the ingredients can be found at home, the only problem may be the cherries, which are available only during the right season. The best are the freshest, of course, but fruit from compote also work well.
This is what you need:
– around 500 g of pitted sour cherries
– 400 g of flour – 100 g of sugar
– 250 g of yogurt – 200 g of butter
– a pack of baking soda
– a pack of vanilla sugar
– a pinch of salt.
1. Put into a large bowl the flour, baking soda, vanilla sugar and a pinch of salt. Mix everything and add yogurt gradually. Thoroughly make the dough. If it’s too thin, add in a little flour.
2.Spread the dough until it’s about 1/8 inch thick and of 1/4 inch long. Next, cut it into strips about 3 inch wide.
3.Place the cherries equal distances apart in the middle of the dough, very close to each other. Sprinkle on top with sugar and roll it into a roll cake.
4. Do the same with the rest of the cake. When all the rolls have been wrapped, put them into a greased cake tin (10 inch diameter). Preheat the oven to 180°C and bake the cake for about 30 – 40 minutes.