We don’t usually think of onions as something pleasant. All we know about them is that when you cut them, they let out a chemical that strongly irritates our eyes, and that after eating them raw your breath is rather unpleasant.
The vegetable does have however quite a lot of potential, which isn’t always used. A man decided to prove, that you could make something wonderful from a large bowl of cut onions. Check out what he fantastically prepared.
– 6 very large onions
– half a stick of butter
– 6 cloves of garlic
– 1/2 glass of dry white wine
– 3 glasses of chicken broth
– 3 glasses of beef broth
– 1 teaspoon of mustard
– 1 French baguette
– 1 glass of shredded Swiss cheese
– 1/2 glass of grated parmesan.
1. Cut the baguette in thick slices and put it into the oven, so it lightly browns.
2. Peel the skin of the onions and chop them into large pieces. It doesn’t have to be perfect.
3. Melt butter in a deep pan.