- Adjust oven rack to 8 inches below broiler element and preaheat broiler to high.
- Heat oil in a large cast iron skillet over high heat. Reduce heat to low.
- Place tortilla in skillet, let it fry for a couple of seconds (15-30 seconds),
- Spread 5 ounces grated mozzarella cheese over tortilla all the way to the edges.
- Place second tortilla on top, cook swirling pan occasionally, until crisp on the botom, abot 3 minutes.
- Flip with a large spatula.
- Spread pizza sauce evenly over tortilla ale the way to the edges.
- Place sliced mozzarella, pepperoni slices and tomatoes on top.
- Place skillet under broiler and broil for 2-4 minutes.
- Sprinkle torn basil on top
Cut and serve immediately.