Colorful vegetables and the flavors of lemon and thyme make this orzo dish great for picnics.
- 1 tbsp olive oil,
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta,
- 1 clove garlic, crushed,
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded,
- 2 medium carrots, shredded,
- 14 ounces vegetable broth (400ml),
- zest from 1 lemon,
- 2 tsp dried thyme,
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese,
- Heat the oil in a pot over medium heat.
- Stir in orzo, and cook for 1 minute, until golden.
- Stir in garlic, zucchini, carrots and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour in the broth and mix in lemon zest and thyme.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add Parmesan cheese, mix and serve.