A slice of bread is the most common addition to breakfast. When we don’t have time to eat cereal or scrambled eggs, we often opt for a sandwich with our favorite toppings. It’s a quick way to eat something nutritious in the morning. Of course, it’s best to have bread that contains a variety of grains, but from time to time, you can indulge and have a slice of white bread.
Below you’ll find a recipe for a healthier version of the popular baked good, which contains a lot of vegetables and condiments. Pizza bread is very delicious, delicate and wonderfully stretches from the inside. You simply have to try it!
- 3 and 1/3 cups of flour
- 2 teaspoons of dry yeast
- 1 and a half cup of warm water
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- one and a half tablespoons of sugar
- 2.5 cups of chopped vegetables (peppers, red onion, olives, dried tomatoes, garlic)
- 2-3 slices of cheese, cut into pieces
- 0.6 lb (250 g) mozzarella cheese, diced
1. Pour water on the yeast and leave it for 3 minutes. Add flour, salt, sugar, vegetables and cheese. Stir and sprinkle with flour. Wrap in foil and let it sit for an hour.
2. Put the dough for another hour in the refrigerator. After this time, take it out and roll it to a thickness of 0.4 – 0.6 inch (1-1.5 cm).