Warm crusty bread, pizza, dip and gooey cheese all rolled into one! This recipe is amazing! And it tastes amazing 🙂
- 3 oz salami (+ 20 more slices for decoration),
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup pizza sauce of choice,
- 1 large onion,
- 5 6-inches baguettes,
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese,
Cream cheese filling:
- 17 oz ricotta cheese,
- 1/2 cup sour cream,
- 2 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded,
- In a large bowl combine cream cheese filling ingredients, set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°F,
- Roughly chop salami.
- To a heated skillet add salami, cook for 5 minutes, add chopped onion, fry for another 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Using a small knife, cut a V shape into the baguette, pick out the bread to create a deep crevice.
- Spread the pizza sauce into the crevice. Top with cooked salami and onions.
- Top with cream cheese filling, mozzarella cheese and place 4 uncooked salami slices.
- Wrap with foril and bake for 15 minutes, unwrap and bake for 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately 🙂