Portabella pizzas are a fun, light variation on traditional pizza. A large portabella mushroom cap takes the place of the traditional pizza crust.
- 4 large portabella mushrooms,
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce,
- small handful basil leaves,
- 10-12 cherry tomatoes,
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese,
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning,
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Take the stems out of the center of portabella mushrooms and clean.
- Put a tablespoon of pizza sauce into the center and spread around.
- Add basil on top of pizza sauce.
- Layer halved cherry tomatoes on mushrooms, about 2 tomatoes for 1 mushroom cap.
- Sprinkle with cheese, and seasoning, then add other tomatoes and a bit more cheese. Sprinkle with leftover italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Bake on a cookie sheet or in a oven safe skillet for 15-18 minutes.