The ultimate breakfast tart, buttery crisp puff pastry forms a decadent base for a gently cooked egg and roasted tomatoes.
- 1 puff pastry sheet,
- 6 eggs,
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved,
- 1-2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut puff pastry sheet into 6 squares. Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and fold over edges to create a raised crust. Using a fork prick the bottom of the pastry.
- Cut 6 pieces of parchment paper, a little bit larger than your puff pastry squares. Place them on top of each pastry square.
- In the middle of the parchment paper add some dried beans/ceramic balls. Try not to place them on folded edges. This will prevent the middle from raising up and will make place for eggs.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, until the pastry is slightly golden. Remove from the oven and discard the dried beans and parchment paper.
- Crack an egg into a small bowl and gently slide it into a puff pastry shell. Arrange tomatoes on top, cut side up, sprinkle lightly with salt and generously with grated parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 6-9 minutes, until the egg white is just set and yolk is almost set.
- Serve immediately.