Spice up your life with easy and wholesome Shakshuka!
- 1 onion, diced,
- 1 green bell pepper, diced,
- 1 tsp cumin,
- 1 tsp garlic powder,
- 1 tsp smoked paprika,
- 1 tbsp parsley (dried or fresh),
- 2 cans diced tomatoes, undrained,
- 4 eggs,
- olive oil,
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the olive oil in a large wide skillet over medium high heat. Add the onions and bell pepper. Cook, stirring ofter for 5-7 minutes, until onion and peppers are soft.
- Add the garlic powder, cumin, smoked paprika, parsley, salt, pepper and cook for 30 seconds, until fragrant. Stir in the tomatoes. Cook for 10 more minutes, stirring often, until most of the liquids have evaporated.
- Break the eggs on top of the shakshuka, spreading them evenly. Reduce the heat to medium and cook uncovered, until whites are set and the yolks are still soft, about 5-7 minutes.
- Season the shakshuka with pepper, salt, and sprinkle with chopped parsley (optional).