She washed the chicken before cooking it. The next day she landed in the hospital!

The world is full of pathogenic microorganisms, which is why proper hygiene is the foundation of good health.

Every day, people do all sorts of things with the aim of ensuring that they are protected against viruses and bacteria. Many of these include tasks performed in the kitchen, because you can be infected with many dangerous diseases when preparing food.

She washed the chicken before cooking it. The next day she landed in the hospital! 2

One American woman was hospitalized with severe stomach pains and symptoms that she had been poisoned. When doctors questioned her, the woman could not point out anything she had done that was different from her daily routine, which could have caused her to fall ill.

When the patient described in detail what she had done in the past 24 hours, the doctors immediately figured out what could have caused the condition. The source of her infection was definitely a chicken that the woman had washed before baking, bringing upon herself serious risks.

Why was washing the chicken so dangerous? You’ll read all about this problem on the following pages and you can watch a video showing the threat.

She washed the chicken before cooking it. The next day she landed in the hospital! 3


Reply