I love baked pasta. And this Chicken and Bacon Pasta is my favorite. Full of cheese goodness, with bacon bits and cooked chicken. That’s a perfect dinner in my book!
I’ve added some green bell pepper and mushrooms to this recipe, trying to make a healthier dish, but let’s face it. It’s full of cheese, so if you’re on diet, don’t read this 🙂 It’s super delicious and super filling. You won’t be able to eat seconds 🙂
- 3 tbsp butter,
- 1/2 cup onion, sliced,
- 1/2 cup greed bell pepper, diced,
- 1 tsp garlic, minced,
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, diced,
- 2 tbsp plain flour,
- 2 cups chicken broth,
- 1 tsp dried basil,
- 1 tsp dried oregano,
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt,
- 1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded, (+ 1/4 cup for sprinkling),
- 1 cup cooked chicken breasts, diced,
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled,
- 1/2 can diced tomatoes, drained,
- 16 ounces pasta, cooked al dente,
- salt, pepper, red chili flakes – to taste.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large skillet/pan melt the butter. Add in the onion, green pepper and garlic and saute for 2 minutes. Add in diced mushrooms and saute for another minute.
- Next stir in the flour and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Whisk in the chicken stock. Stir until the broth thickens slightly.
- Season the mixture with salt and pepper, a few dashes of chili flakes, oregano and basil.
- Stir in the yogurt, add in cheddar cheese and stir until melted. Next add cooked pasta, chicken, bacon and diced tomatoes. Mix well and check for seasoning.
- Spoon the pasta into a greased baking dish. Top with remaining cheese. Bake at 375°F for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is melted and browning.