Quick and easy recipe for spanish tortilla with onions.
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1-2 potatoes, about 1/2 pound
- 2-3 green onions (or 1/4 cup chopped yellow onion), chopped up to the light green parts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Slice potatoes into disks between 1/4 and 1/8 inch wide.
- Pour the olive oil into a cast-iron pan and heat it over medium-high heat. Fry potatoes in batches, about 2-3 minutes per disk side. Fry until they are lightly browned.
- Let the potatoes dry on a paper towel and salt the well.
- When potatoes are all done, pour off most of oil and cook the onions. Turn off the heat when they are done. Scatter the onions and place potato disk on top.
- Turn the heat back on to mediu, and pour in the eggs. Cook for 5 minutes, until the edges are set.
- Put the pan under the broiler and broil for 5 minutes, until the top browns.
- Cool down for 5 minutes and serve.