It’s time to start the new strawberry season!
- 1 store-bought shortcrust pastry,
- 8 ounces of mascarpone (250g container)
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream (30% or higher, 60ml)
- 1/4 icing sugar
- grated zest of 1/2 lemon
- 3 cups of fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 ounce of grated white chocolate
- mint for decoration
- Preheat the oven to 360F/180C
- With your fingertips press the shortcrust dough onto the bottom of a 9 inch pie plate with a removable bottom.
- With a fork make a couple of holes in the pastry. Next place some baking paper on top and fill with ceramic balls or beans.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then let cool completely.
- In a bowl mix mascarpone with cream, icing sugar and zest for 1 minute.
- Spread the cheese mixture over the pastry, top with strawberry slices and sprinkle grated white chocolate. Store in refigerator