Simple, yet delicious appetizer. Italian inspired cupcakes, made with ricotta and mozzarella cheese. They are super easy to make, and super delicious to eat.
If you have some leftover lasagna sheets you can make them in a jiffy! Full of italian flavors, like herbes de provence and garlic, this will make you crave for more!
- 6 lasagne sheets, uncooked
- 1 cup marinara sauce,
- 2 cups ricotta cheese,
- 2 mozzarella balls, diced,
- 1 tsp salt,
- 1 tsp garlic powder,
- 1 tsp herbs de provence,
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes,
- 1/2 tsp pepper,
- oil for coating the muffin tin,
- fresh basil leaves, for decoration.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly oil a 12 cup muffin tin.
- In a large pot of boiling water, blanch the lasagne sheets for 3-4 minutes, until slightly softened.
- Cut the lasagne sheet in half, then make a little cut in one of the corners. Fold into a cup and place into a muffin tin.
- In a bowl combine ricotta cheese with salt, pepper, herbs de provence, garlic and chili flakes. Mix well.
- Using a piping bag or spoon, fill each lasagna cup with cheese filling (about 1 tbsp).
- Add 1 tsp of marinara sauce in each cupcake.
- Top each lasagna cupcake with cubed mozzarella.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and lasagna are cooked through and crispy golden brown.
- Serve immediately, garnished with basil leaves.