- 1 lb. ground turkey (may substitute chicken)
- ½ cup finely minced apples
- ½ tsp. garlic powder or onion powder
- ½ tsp. Italian seasoning or sage
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1-2 Tbsp. coconut oil or avocado oil
- Combine turkey (or other ground meat), diced apple, garlic, spices in a mixing bowl, mix thoroughly with a large spoon or your hands.
- Using hands, form meat mixture into 12 small patties (Thin is good because they will shrink and fatten up in the pan a bit).
- Heat a skillet to over medium heat. When the skillet is hot, add oil/fat (about ½ Tbsp. per batch of patties, depending on the size of your pan).
- Add the patties to the pan, being careful not to overcrowd them or it’s difficult to flip them and they won’t brown as well. Cook for approximately 3-4 minutes per side until browned and no longer pink in the center.
- Remove patties to a plate lined with a paper towel and repeat with remaining oil and turkey mixture.
- Store in a covered covered in the refrigerator for up to 5 days – may be frozen for longer storage.
- To cook from frozen, add to a small pan with few drops of water. Heat over medium-low heat covered with a lid for 5-8 minutes or until heated through.
original recipe: link