Time to get cozy with this warming wintry soup.
There’s double the greens for double the fun and a great helping of nutrients.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil,
- 1 medium sized onion,
- 4 garlic cloves,
- 2 cups of fresh chopped kale,
- 4 cups of water or vegetable stock,
- 1 cup of cooked white beans,
- 2 cups of fresh spinach,
- salt, pepper, nutmeg to taste.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan. And the onion and cook for 5 minutes. Then add garlic and 2 cups of kale.
- Cook for 1 minute, add water/vegetable stock and beans, bring to a boil, lower the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes add spinach and simmer for 5 minutes.